|Employer:||Cherokee Health Systems|
Clinton - Anderson County|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Benefits:||Health and Life Benefits, PTO, 403(b) Retirement|
|Instructs individuals and families in the community about health education and disease prevention utilizing a team based model.|
|1. Educates the community on various medical outreach programs and the importance of utilizing the programs.|
2. Helps to coordinate care with other health care providers, monitors stability and independent living.
3. Visits homes to determine patient and family needs, develops plan to meet needs.
4. Assists patient in setting up a medical appointment and ensuring the patient keeps appointment.
5. Advocate for the patient with special needs.
6. Helps patient obtain necessary resources.
7. Assists community members and health field personnel to assess, plan for, and provide needed health and related services.
8. Refers patients with social and emotional problems to other community agencies for assistance.
9. Documents patient cases including assessment and patient's consent to obtain assistance.
10. Prepares reports as required by various federal, state, and local programs.
11. Documents findings to track trends and changes in the health of the community.
12. Participates in Quality Improvement (QI), Quality Assurance (QA) and Continuous Quality Improvement Activities (CQI) as appropriate.
13. Other duties as assigned.
|Education & Experience: |
Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university in psychology, social work, or related field; 1-2 years of previous experience in linking consumers with various community resources preferred.
Must possess the ability to communicate verbally and non-verbally with clients, coworkers and members of management. Excellent professional customer service skills required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Work Processing software, Electronic Medical Records software and Spreadsheet design software.
Certificates and Licenses
Must maintain a valid TN driverís license.